Re: [css3-box][css3-marquee] Marquee properties

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
> Which spec has the say on marquee properties, CSS Basic Box Model [1]
> or the CSS Marquee Module [2]? (Basic Box Model specifies a number of
> other properties too.)

Box is not an active module.  It does not describe reality.  I'm sorry
it doesn't have an effective warning label on it.

Marquee is a dead spec - it's not even in our repository any longer.
We should officially deprecate it on /TR - again, I'm sorry this
hasn't been done yet.

> Related, what has the last word, marquee-loop [3] or marquee-play-count [4]?

Neither - the spec is dead, UAs should remove it. (Blink has done so!)

> (Then, this—along some of the other mails I just sent—is another
> example for some of the challenges that we’re facing. I don’t want to
> be that person who always points out these issues but we really need
> to take action to fix all of this. And if we petition to bend the W3C
> process to axe old drafts.)

No worries, thanks for the occasional reminders!