Re: [css-snappoints] Blink team position on snap points

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Instead of hard coding snap points into the platform, we'd rather the
>>> platform was powerful enough that framework authors can implement snap
>>> points themselves.
>>>
>>> As Rick stated, we're not opposed to this working group pursuing snap
>>> points.
>>>

>> These two positions seem inconsistent to me. If you don't want snapping
>> hard-coded into the platform, you should be opposed to the working group
>> pursuing that.
>>

> Why's that?

This seems so obvious to me that I find it difficult to explain further,
but maybe I misunderstood what you said.

Clearly you plan to develop some kind of DOM API giving the control of
scrolling you want, and let's assume that effort succeeds. If the working
group standardizes a CSS scroll-snapping API, would you simply refuse to
implement it forever, or would you wait to see if it gets adopted before
implementing, or would you happily implement it in addition to your DOM API?

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w