Re: [selectors-nonelement] ::attr(*|localname), ::attr(ns|*), and ::attr(*)

On 24.2.2014 14:47, Simon Pieters wrote:
> ::attr(foo) selecting all foo attributes in any namespace would be
> inconsistent with the selector [foo] which selects elements with a foo
> attribute in no namespace.

Well, then I think that it makes sense to ::attr(*) and ::attr(foo)
behave differently regarding namespaces:

::attr(*) should select all attributes to be consistent with universal
selector, equivalent to ::attr(*|*)

::attr(foo) should select foo in no namespace to be consistent with
attribute selectors, equivalent to ::attr(|foo)

This is also consistent with XPath, and should create less surprises to
developers.

    Jirka