Re: Proposal: Minor 'text-transform' property revision

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 18:46 -0500, Brian Blakely wrote:
> >   The
> > blacklist approach still covers what are likely common uses.
>
> No - title case has rules that are different from conversion to lower
> case or upper case (e.g. so you can use small caps).
>
> In other words I suggest keeping text transform purely mechanical with
> no "blacklist", and using different content for the other cases.

I was referring to the idea that programmatic casing, regardless of type,
can potentially modify content in unintended or non-ideal ways.  Setting
expectations by publishing guidelines will allow implementations be to as
mechanical as can be in this sense.