Re: [css-flexbox] Flex box does not respect inline children/groupings

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> According to this document http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/sample.html
> (non-normative I believe though) <button> and <input> are
> *inline-block* elements. And Eric was asking about purely display:inline
> elements that do not generate boxes by themselves.

They're display:inline in HTML's style sheet.

(And it doesn't matter - inline-block is still an inline-level box,
same as display:inline itself.)

> I think that inline elements should stay inline - flexbox shall not
> try to change "boxing nature" of its children.

We're not changing this behavior, for the reasons I gave in my previous message.