Re: [shadow-styling] Scoping at-rules like @font-face in scoped styled and shadow trees?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I think #2 is fairly obviously the "best" answer, but it's hard to
>> implement.
>
> And somewhat nonsensical for font-family, which inherits across component
> boundaries (both directions, even)...

Yeah, you're right, #2 isn't even obviously "best".  It allows for
accidental name collisions just as badly, just in a more confusing
manner: if the component defines a "foo" font-face which it's
intending to use for a particular thing, but the outer page also
defines a "foo" face for body text, it'll inherit in and suddenly the
component's own "foo", which may not be appropriate for body text,
gets used for any text that doesn't override the font-family.

So I think just going global is the best answer among multiple bad options.