Re: [css-device-adapt] How should initial viewport contribute to layout?

I'd like to make clear of the relationships among the terms:

- http://quirksmode.org/mobile/viewports2.html:  visual viewport, layout
viewport
- css-device-adapt: initial viewport, actual viewport
- CSSOM view: viewport

Now in my understanding
- layout viewport == actual viewport
- sizeof(visual viewport) == sizeof(initial viewport) / pinch-scale.
  i.e. visual viewport == initial viewport if not pinch-zoomed.
- viewport in CSSOM view == visual viewport

If my understanding were correct, what should we do when visual viewport
size changes when the keyboard is visible?
  1) let sizeof(initial viewport) = sizeof(visual viewport) * pinch-scale;
  2) compute the new actual viewport based on the new initial viewport
(using the algorithm defined in chapter 6 of css-device-adapt);
  (As aspect-ratio(initial viewport) == aspect-ratio(visual viewport), the
two steps could be combined by using visual viewport size directly in 2).
or
  decouple visual viewport and initial viewport on temporary window size
changes.
I'd prefer B.

Fixed-pos element attachment seems still controversial. The browsers (all
but IE?) not following the spec may base on the following point: developers
who put fixed-pos elements in the page might expect they'd be always
visible. Perhaps "position: device-fixed" (
http://quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2010/12/the_fifth_posit.html) is the
solution to the controversy.

Xianzhu