Re: [css-gcpm] Example 3 in string()

On 2/10/14 8:22 PM, "Alan Stearns" <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

>Dave,
>
>Example 3 was useful to me to understand first, last and start. But it has
>some confusing bits too. I have to make some assumptions about what¹s an
>h2 in the displayed pages and what¹s not. And the string-set is pulling
>from elements whose contents are variations on ³Heading X² and *not* the
>element with ³Title² in the contents, but you named the string-set
>Œtitle¹.
>
>I think it would be better if the string-set was named Œheading¹, you
>noted that ³Chapter Title² is in an h1 element, and you noted that all of
>the headings are in h2 elements.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alan

Hi Alan,

I've reworked the example based on your feedback. The name of the string
is now "heading". I've changed the text of the first caption to make this
a bit more clear, and I've also labelled the h1 and h2 elements in the
figures themselves.

Do you think this helps? It's tricky enough that when I first started
writing tests for this feature, I discovered a bug in one of the
implementations.

Thanks very much!

Dave

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.