RE: [shadow-styling] First Draft of Shadow DOM Styling uploaded

> From: jackalmage@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 19:24:11 -0800
>
> I've uploaded the first draft of Shadow DOM Styling, the spec I
> intended to write a few weeks ago, to
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/shadow-styling/>.
>
> There are a few bits I haven't filled in yet, because it's late and I
> don't want to work anymore, and I'm sure there are a few holes that
> aren't even mentioned yet. If you notice any, please let me know.

Looks like example 4 is messed up by missing the escaping of the angle brackets.

Only thing that seemed genuinely confusing was this part of $4.1 (/shadow), emphasis added:

    Then replace every element in the selector match list with the *host element* and top-level elements of each shadow tree of the element.

It's unclear to me what the purpose or effect of including the host element is here. Can you do "x-foo /shadow :host" to match <x-foo>? That seems somewhat redundant, so I guess I'm missing something here.

--
James Ross <james@james-ross.co.uk>