Re: [css-counter-styles] Behavior of setting attributes

On 07/02/2014 13:20, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the behavior of the DOM API:
>
> If a string which is valid in grammar while invalid in other aspect is
> set to an attribute in CSSCounterStyleRule, what should happen? For
> example, when the system is numeric, but a string contains only one
> symbol is set to symbols, or the additive-symbols attribute is set to
> a non-descending list. Should such strings be accepted or rejected?

I think they should be rejected. The setter should accept or reject the
same values as the declaration would in a stylesheet. Maybe "grammar" is
not the right term to use in this bit of spec, but I don’t have a better
suggestion.

--
Simon Sapin