Re: Encapsulation and defaulting to open vs closed (was Re: Shadow DOM Encapsulation)

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> [1]  In fact, the original agreement on the thread was to support both
> "public" and "private", in the sense that components could fully expose
> their shadow innards or not, and then the default could be decided. Dmitri
> even agreed to add support for a flag to decide this, but never did: <
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012OctDec/0612.html>.

It doesn't mean I don't want to solve the problem. And the statements
Shadow DOM being designed in a way that Type 2 encapsulation is not
possible -- those are simply not true. The whole thing was carefully
designed in a way to keep this option an incremental evolutionary step.

:DG<