Re: [css3-break] What are break opportunities?

Your mentioning of anonymous boxes does indeed clear things a little bit,
*but*:

The way I read CSS2.1 anonymous boxes are *not* created when floats are
involved[1], but rather floats just push around the contents in the line
boxes of the neighbouring boxes/blocks. So I still have a hard time
visualising what does "a float and an immediately-adjacent in-flow box"
really means.

My questioning comes from the fact that, while sibling block-level boxes
have just one and only one touching edge (margins notwithstanding), a
float and neighbouring in-flow boxes usually share two edges (again, with
the assumption that floats have nothing to do with the creation of
anonymous boxes).

Am I missing something?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#anonymous-block-level

Mihai Balan | Quality Engineer @ Web Engine team |  mibalan@adobe.com |
+4-031.413.3653 / x83653 | Adobe Systems Romania