Re: [mediaqueries] Unintuitive evaluation in boolean context

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:58:29 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm actually not sure where that ordering came from. I may have simply
> made it up, as it doesn't appear in MQ3.
>
> You're right that it doesn't affect any existing MQs, as they all have
> discrete values; any-pointer/hover are the first MQs to feature
> multiple values being true at once.  I'm fine with changing it to be
> simpler.  We can simplify your text further:
>
> "If it would be true for any values other than the number 0, a
> dimension with the value 0, or the keyword 'none', the media features
> evaluates to true. Otherwise, it evaluates to false."

I introduced the ordering, and Tab introduced the MQs with non-discrete
values, and it looks like we did not consider the implications of each
other's edits. Now that we do have non-discrete values, I agree that the
new phrasing/behavior makes a lot more sense.

  - Florian Rivoal