Re: [css3-background] Margin-radius edge case

On 04/28/2014 04:33 PM, Bear Travis wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just wanted to mention an edge case that might need clarification
> for corner-shaping the margin corner radii [1]. My interpretation of
> the rule would cause a negative margin to yield a ratio less than one,
> and therefore trigger the smoothing case [2], leading to odd results.

Sorry for the late response! We've updated the text following Bert's
suggestion in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Apr/0111.html

It now reads:

  # The margin edge, being outside the border edge, calculates its radius
  # by adding the corresponding margin thickness to each border radius.
  # However, in order to create a sharper corner when the border radius
  # is small, when the border radius is less than the margin, the margin
  # is multiplied by the proportion 1 + (r-1)3, where r is the ratio of
  # the border radius to the margin, in calculating the corner radii of
  # the margin box shape.
  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-backgrounds-3/#corner-shaping

Let us know if that seems clear enough, or if you have any other
suggestions to make it easier to read/understand!

Thanks~

~fantasai