Re: [css-transforms] suggestion: single transformation function by simply giving edge positions

On Aug 7, 2014, at 7:48 PM, Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of defining a list of several transform functions, I suggest to just give the dx/dy offsets of the upper left/upper right/lower left and lower right edges of an element.
>
> For instance, a rule like this:
>
> img
> {transform: Point(10%, 10%) Point(-10%, 10%) Point(-10%, -10%) Point(-30%, 10%)
> }
>
> would result in the application to perform all necessary transformations in order to have the edges of the element meet the given calculated values.

This seems to be a rather specific proposal. However, I could imagine that we add this possibility as JS API with the help of DOMQuad[1] which takes your proposal into account already.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://dev.w3.org/fxtf/geometry/#DOMQuad