Re: [selectors] feedback

On 18/04/2014 19:09, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I plan to rewrite the parsing section into a Syntax-style parser, at
> which point it would have the same structure as Syntax wrt "parse a
> foo" algorithms.  Would that work?

Why is this desirable?

As far as I can tell, the reason Syntax moved away from a grammar was to
be able to precisely define non-trivial error handling behaviors. But
the error handling of Selectors *is* trivial: if the input does not
match the grammar, it’s invalid. Done.

When it makes sense and is sufficiently precise, I’d prefer to have a
concise grammar than an algorithm written in English.

--
Simon Sapin