[mediaqueries] Custom Media Queries defined inside @media

On 15/04/2014 04:09, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 4/14/14 11:00 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
>> That seems like a reasonable thing to want to do.  Can we define that
>> variables in @media rules are resolved using the computed style of the
>> root element?
> How does that handle rules in the @media rule that set the variable on
> the root?

There is a proposal for custom Media Queries (similar to custom
properties but in a different namespace)

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/mediaqueries4/#custom-mq

But Boris’s point still stands. Can custom MQs be declared inside
conditional rules? In stylesheets that are imported or linked
conditionally with a MQ? What is their scope? Do they apply to @media
rules in other stylesheets? To non-CSS MQs in the document? How are any
circular definition resolved?

--
Simon Sapin