Re: Styling of search/find-in-page results

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:

> work.
> >>

> >> In particular, the pain points are about what elements ::selection
> >> should show up on when a selection spans across elements.

We definitely need to make sense to ::selection. Right now the behavior
makes our implementation complex and is also frustrating as a developer.

div::selection {
  background: red;
}

The text in the <span> doesn't get the color, worse even input::selection
breaks this and somehow magically the selection also applies down into the
ShadowRoot that contains the text which you can't model yourself if you
made a <rich-editor> web component.

- E