Re: [css-books] Re: [css3-gcpm] Complex Footnotes

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

> However, the code will always add the separator if there is content in
> the area; I don't have a way of making it conditional. Are we sure
> it's conditional, though? From the two pages in the example, one could
> also conclude that the separator is always there when there are
> footnotes with numeric markers.

Yes, there are pages which just have one type of footnote, and there is no
separator in that case (for both types).  I can scan and send you example
pages, if you like.  I guess the typographic logic is that the smaller font
size is already sufficient to distinguish it as a footnote.

James