Re: [css-regions] Named Flows, Elements and Box Generation

On 10/26/13 4:47 PM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Hello Johannes,
>
> > you might remember I wrote a little while ago. We have created a little
> > javascript app that renders pages in the browser the way they are
>printed
> > using CSS Regions. ( http://sourcefabric.github.io/BookJS/ )
>
>I think it's amazing what you've been able
>to do in legacy browsers by adding JavaScript.

The rendered pages in the cutting-edge browsers are made possible by named
flows and the CSSOM provided.

I believe this is the correct next step towards the end point you're
after, Håkon. First, explain fragmentation via named flows and region
chains. Provide scripting access so that people like Johannes do not have
to wait for browsers to implement more 'first class citizens' of CSS. Then
see what cowpaths we should pave from actual use on-screen in browsers.

Thanks,

Alan