Re: [css-regions] Named Flows, Elements and Box Generation

On 10/23/13 11:14 AM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>I suggest, again, that using elements is removed from the
>specification and that regions are declared & described in CSS.

As I mentioned in my original email and in my response to dbaron,
overflow:fragments is a fantastic way to create region chains entirely in
CSS. But in order to have named flows and overflow:fragments work
together, it's *required* that flow-from work on elements. I think it's
valid to discuss whether we should add named flows to the platform or not,
but if we do named flows then having flow-from apply to elements is the
only way they can integrate correctly with the rest of CSS.

Thanks,

Alan