Re: A dedicated property to clear descendant floats (was: Proposal for "overflow:clip" for stronger painting isolation)

On 10/19/13 6:03 AM, "Marat Tanalin" <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:

>19.10.2013, 06:54, "Bruno Racineux" <bruno@hexanet.net>:
>> On 10/18/13 7:13 PM, "Marat Tanalin" <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Or show a valid use case.
>
>I've already provided the case. Please read more carefully before you
>reply.

I was referring to a full case with an html context. But fine, floated
children
boxes can be smaller in height than that of it container's wanted
min-height, that's a conceivable practical case indeed.

>> Should the presence of floats within your container be conditional.
>
>You English is somewhat tricky to parse.

I meant that if your container is defined as per your example, but it does
not contain any floated elements, min-height: contain-floats; shall be in
this case invalidated, with the min-height: 200px; taking precedence.

You are probably right though, considering what Tab said. I suppose I fell
into this assumption due to their reasoning for doing the specs that way
in the first place.

It sounds like a mistake. Sorry for initially failing to see it.