Re: [css-shapes] inset() vs. inset-rectange()

On Oct 17, 2013, at 01:05, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> I'm in favor of less typing, can we replace 'inset-rectangle' with 'inset'?
>
> It's less "I'm making a rectangle" and more of an analog to margin/padding/
> border-image-outset, so I think it's clear enough on its own...
>
> ~fantasai

FWIW, I find it quite awkward to have two functions for rectangles, just to specify different parameters. I think it would be much better to find a way to disambiguate rectangle() parameters to enable authors to do both with the same function. Perhaps with an inset keyword?

~Lea