Re: Behavior of device-pixel-ratio under zoom

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:53:25 +0200, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Thanks Simon.  This looks great to me.  I think it'd be worth noting
>> somewhere (not entirely sure where) that changes to the page zoom fire a
>> resize event, since they change the size of the viewport in CSS pixels,
>> and
>> so authors that want to react to page zoom can simply listen to the window
>> resize event and take a look at devicePixelRatio.  I don't see a
>> processing
>> model for page zoom defined anywhere, although that'd be the ideal place
>> put this.
>>

> See http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-**view/#resizing-viewports<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#resizing-viewports>

That's great, but I think you should also specify that the
width/height/devicePixelRatio all change in the same task that dispatches
the resize event so authors can't see an inconsistent combination.  I.e. if
I'm at 100x100 @ page zoom of 1.0 and then invoke my browser's page zoom UI
to go to a page zoom of 2.0 while the page is actively polling these
values, it should only ever see 100/100/1.0 until the resize event fires at
which point it should only see 50/50/2.0.

- James