Re: [css-compositing] why general blending is confusing

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> Notice that in 4, the child does NOT blend outside its parents bounds.
> That’s
> because it doesn’t have any background pixels to blend with at that point.
> Sure, the
> translateZ(0) forced a stacking context (compositing layer) on the parent,
> but
> this could have happened for a number of reasons - e.g. a sibling of the
> parent
> having a hover effect that triggered compositing.
>
> I’m not sure there are any good ways around this without accumulating
> buffers
> (potentially prohibitively expensive), and even then things like animations
> and media will make it harder.

I'm not sure what problem you're pointing to. Are you saying the spec is
unclear, or that it's too hard to implement in some situations (which
situations?), or that it's too complicated for authors to understand, or
something else?

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*