RE: [css-overflow] pathological fragment box generation

Fragmentation is a continuous process and as such it should guarantee progress for each fragmentation container (column, region, page etc.). What you're describing here is more of an error case rather than a use case and it should be dealt with as such. We propose that fragmentation containers are assumed to have a minimum of 1px height in order to guarantee continuity. With that assumption in place the rest of the fragmentation rules will apply and guarantee progress.

Thanks,
Rossen