Re: [css-masking] Shorthanding the clip properties

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Right now we have three properties:
>   clip-path
>   clip-rule
>   clip
>
> The weird thing is that 'clip' is not a shorthand for the other two.
> This is mainly due to the legacy weirdness that 'clip' only applies
> to abspos elements. I'm wondering if we can restrict that legacy
> weirdness to just the (already weird) rect() notation, and let the
> 'clip' property be the shorthand that it looks like it ought to be?

As Dirk said, clip-rule is completely unconnected from clip-path.
They share a name prefix, and both concern clipping in some way, but
are otherwise completely different.

'clip' and 'clip-path' do exactly the same thing.  I thought the plan
was to just deprecate 'clip' entirely, and just use 'clip-path' for
clipping.