Re: [cssom-view] DOMRect with aliases x, y to left, top?

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:12:34 +0200
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com>, Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 16:00:05 +0200, Fran├žois REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>> DOMRect should now be compatible with SVGRect, so SVG can start using
>> it (or DOMRectReadOnly).
>
> Just a small editorial comment: correct english would prefer
> ReadOnlyDOMRect to DOMRectReadyOnly.

Interface names don't need to be correct English. There is also
URLUtilsReadOnly (although that name isn't exposed to JS).

> If we want to preserve the DOMRect beginning we should choose a noun
> like snapshot to end the class name: DOMRectSnapshot or DOMRectView or

Snapshot is wrong since a live object isn't a snapshot. View seems a bit
weird to me, I think of DataView (which isn't readonly).

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software