Re: [mediaqueries] resolution and device-pixel-ratio

On 14 Nov 2013, at 12:15 pm, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>> The issue isn't where CSS (or whatever) defined them. It's that Safari doesn't follow that definition, and is unlikely to change. This is the reason for proposing a new name.
>>
>> (Yes, it's Apple's fault that we implemented something and didn't bring it to the standards groups with a clear description that the value was supposed to be constant)
>
> Blink *has* changed, and would like to keep the new definition.

Ummm... we knew Blink has changed and that you would like to keep your new definition. This is exactly why Apple is suggesting another definition. Am I missing something?

The alternatives here are:

(a) Safari changes and breaks content
(b) Mozilla and Chrome change and break content
(c) We compromise on something new

Note that content is already incompatible thanks to (a) and (b). That's why we agreed on (c).

Dean