Re: [mediaqueries] Add "<" and ">" syntax?

From: Marat Tanalin <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 04:09:39 +0400
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
12.11.2013, 12:11, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> Instead, I propose we add another syntax possibility to MQs:
>
> (width < 400px)
> (device-height > 1000px)
> etc
> (400px < width < 800px)

Absolutely makes sense. `min-`/`max-` prefixes are somewhat confusing given that there are `min-`/`max-` prefixed _properties_. Ability to specify ranges without need to repeat property name twice is also useful.

Additionally, it would be nice to make it possible for MQ to address _client_ dimensions of page (or, even better, of _any_ arbitrary element) instead of _window_ dimensions. Currently, due to different scrollbar sizes in different environments (as well as given that scrollbars can be absent at all, including cases of browsers' automatic showing/hiding vertical scrollbar depending on height of page content), Media Queries are of unreasonably limited usefulness.

Thanks.