Re: [css-shapes] <basic-shapes> etc. summary 3

On 11/11/13 1:54 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Then, we resolved to remove the dependency on box-sizing in basic shapes
>> in favor of a raft of new keywords for shapes defined by the relevant
>> boxes. So you can say:
>>
>> shape-outside: border-box;
>>
>> To wrap around a shape defined by the outside border edge. This includes
>> curvature from border-radius. But you can also use the keyword to
>> determine how percentages in a basic shape are resolved. So either of
>> these:
>>
>> shape-outside: border-box circle(50%);
>> shape-outside: circle(50%) border-box;
>>
>> will create a circle shape centered in the border box with a radius 50%
>>of
>> the width of the border box. You can also use margin-box, padding-box
>>and
>> content-box as keywords (these include curvature from border radius as
>> well, in just the same way as background-clip).
>
>+1, I like it.

And this part is now checked in. I removed the dependency on box-sizing
for basic shapes and now require each property that uses basic shape
functions to define what the relevant box is.

The shape-outside property now allows <box> values (including
'margin-box') and the relevant box for shape-outside defaults to
'margin-box'. This is a change from the previous draft, which defaulted to
content-box.

Everyone please take a look, and start a new thread if you have comments
on this change.

Thanks,

Alan