Re: [selectors4] Proposal for extending Selectors Level 4 with possibility to select attributes

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 23:30:00 -0500
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 18:26 +0000, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Le 07/11/2013 14:59, Jirka Kosek a écrit :
> > ITS tools running in a browser are using
> > Selectors API to evaluate ITS rules that are using Selectors as a query
> > language.
>
> This is the point that I was missing. Thank you for clarifying.

Note, the ability to select may be needed for generated text, too - e.g.
fetching a title attribute or alt text or a name attribute, e.g. for
running page headers or a table of contents/illustrations or an index.

So although I agree ITS is a really good use case, there may well be
more use cases.

(I may be able to be at the F2F on Sunday, not on Monday or Tuesday as I
have XQuery and the Digital Publishing group on those days as well)