Re: [selectors4] Proposal for extending Selectors Level 4 with possibility to select attributes

On 7.11.2013 0:04, Simon Sapin wrote:
> (I’m not saying there is no use case, but I haven’t seen them yet for
> selecting text, comment and processing instruction nodes.)

All visual XML editors that use CSS for rendering has their own
extensions, e.g.:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/topics/dg-additional-custom-selectors.html

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_distrib/doc/csssupport/pi_comments.html

So there are already several implementations of this feature which are
incompatible because there is no standard way of doing this.

    Jirka