[css3-break] multiple forced breaks in a column

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:55:08 -0800
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

If I have some fragmented content where there are in-flow forced breaks
*and* breaks in float content, what happens?

Given this markup and some styling indicated by the class names:

<article class="multicol">
</article>

Do I get .3..1. rendered in the first column and .4..2. rendered in the
second? After talking to Rossen I think that's the case, as the float
content and the in-flow content would break this way given natural breaks
versus forced ones. Does it make a difference whether the float is before
or after the in-flow forced break in source order, or is fragmentation
determined only by the layout boxes? I'm assuming the source order does
not make a difference in this case.

I didn't find the answer to these questions in the fragmentation draft, so
it might be good to add it in.

Thanks,

Alan