Re: [mediaqueries] User-defined Media Queries?

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 23:53:55 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
| If you have more than a couple of breakpoints, something's very wrong
| with your site.  This isn't a big deal.

Maybe. But, still, it should not be up to the JS to define the breakpoints,
it should be up to the CSS. A good author who want to use the feature would
then use a preprocessor to generate the JS breakpoint code from their
HyperCSS.

| Hmm, MQ currently addresses this by having min-* and max-* queries
| when some value is numeric.

Yes, but is that the right way? I can never remember if min-* and max-* map
to strict equality or not (well, now I know they are but it took me some
time). I think it was done to preserve the syntax but it's not very
intuitive.