Re: [css3-fonts] "font-feature-settings: none" shorthand?

Glenn Adams wrote:

> My interpretation of that is "ideological fascism". In any case, I'm
> not proposing something that can't be expressed already. I'm just
> proposing a shorthand. It is irrelevant if the shorthand makes it
> easier for an author to abuse himself.

Um, discussions of fascism aside I don't think what you're describing
is any sort of improvement over:

  font-variant: none;
  font-feature-settings: normal;

This is pretty dang close to what you've described as the use case.
The only features left enabled are localized forms and mark-related
features.  If you really think we need a property value to disable
those universally, I suggest a slight rename of the value:

  font-feature-settings: shoot-myself-in-the-foot;

:P

Cheers,

John Daggett