Re: [css-compositing] new Editor's draft posted -> update

From: Michael Mullany <michael@sencha.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 21:04:05 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: robert@ocallahan.org, David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> SVG filters using 'BackgroundImage' has all the problems of CSS
>> blending/compositing, basically.
>>

> Yes.
>
> I think there is now a clear path on how to calculate the backdrop for
> HTML but how to calculate it for SVG is still in question.
> There is a spec but only IE and opera implemented it and I think it might
> be cpu intensive.

Just tested on IE10: enable-background seems to be working fine in SVG on
IE10/Tablet unless I've made a syntax error (screenshots below). SVG
filters are hw accelerated in IE10, so it's pretty fast.

basic enable-background: http://tinypic.com/r/33wa1i0/5
feBlend=screen example with opacity http://tinypic.com/r/rc3qs0/5