Re: [css3-fonts][cssom] CSSFontFeatureValuesRule vs. CSSKeyframesRule

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#om-fontfeaturevalues
>
>   # interface CSSFontFeatureValuesRule : CSSRule {
>   #   readonly attribute DOMString familyList;
>   #   readonly attribute DOMString valueText;
>   # };
>   #
>   # familyList of type DOMString, readonly
>   #     The list of one or more font families for which a
>   #     given set of feature values is defined.
>
> Probably should say, "serialized as for 'font-family' [link to property]"
> so we're clear on how exactly it serializes.
>
>   # valueText of type DOMString, readonly
>   #     Serialized set of feature values.
>
> I'd have expected something more like the interface
> in CSS Animations for keyframe rules:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-animations/#CSSKeyframesRule-interface

You don't want to copy Animations - it's a legacy mistake.  You want
to just extend CSSGroupingRule, defined in Conditional, like:

interface CSSFontFeatureValuesRule : CSSGroupingRule {
  readonly attribute DOMString familyList;
}

Done!

~TJ