Re: [css3-flexbox] spec contradicts itself about display: table-row; flex items

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Christian Biesinger
<cbiesinger@google.com> wrote:
> Hm... in that case I'd like to ask, why is this behavior desirable? It
> seems like lots of complexity for little gain compared to just
> promoting the display types to block.

The gain is that you get to rely on the same box-construction rules
that you get inside of block layout.  It's not good if two naked
table-cells wrap themselves in a table in block layout, but break in
flexbox layout.