Re: [css-flexbox] "flex: 1;" does the wrong thing in min-size constraint sizing

Oh, sorry -- when I sent that last email, I was under the impression
that there might be implicit consensus, but I only just now noticed Dave
Hyatt's email with an alternate suggestion.

Quoting him:
On 05/16/2013 01:57 AM, David Hyatt wrote:
> My preference would be to just change "auto" to have this behavior,
> and then make a new keyword for "always use my width/height."

Dave:  To clarify -- under your proposal, would we keep the flex-basis
initial value at "auto" (with your suggested new "auto" semantics,
thereby changing default behavior), or would we change that initial
value to be the new always-use-my-width/height keyword (with the old
auto semantics)?

Also, isn't it a bit risky to make a significant change to what
"flex-basis:auto" does for a at this stage in the game? In particular,
any authors who have copypasted one of the suggested "Common values of
flex" strings like "flex: auto" or "flex: 0 auto" would have their
content broken, if we changed what "auto" means.  (And their content
would stay broken until they replaced it with "flex:
use-my-width-or-height" or "flex: 0 use-my-width-or-height").

Generally, I feel like this fix is disproportionately large / breaking,
as compared to the scope of the original issue that Tab was trying to
solve in this thread.

~Daniel