Re: [cssom-view] Add a "smooth" parameter to scrollTo and scrollBy functions

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:
> I agree that this is highly needed, but it doesn't solve the most common use case: Smooth scrolling when the UA scrolls to a specific :target due to a URL hash.
> Still, it would make things easier, but not easy enough.
> Unfortunately, I can't think of any syntax to suggest right now which solves that use case. :(

Simon already proposed that we *also* add a CSS property which, when
set, makes the element scroll smoothly for all scrolls.  That way you
can either do element/page-wide smooth scrolling, or per-operation
smooth scrolling.

~TJ