Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

I want to add one example:

color(rgb(255, 69, 0), .5);

Instead of having different functions for color effects like changing the
brightness like Lea said earlier, the color() function could also do this:

color(#ff4500, saturation - 20%);
color(orangered, luminance 50%);

Not sure if this approach is better than having different functions, though.

Sebastian