Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> ± On the other hand, we could go the calc route and require a space, so that
> ± "adjust-alpha(red, 50%)" would set the alpha to 50%, but "adjust-alpha(red,
> ± + 50%)" would make the alpha 50% larger.  Seems kinda clumsy, though.
>
> Argh, sent that mail too fast. Another option is to use multiplications.
>
> color(red, alpha * 75%) vs color(red, alpha 50%)

That one's intriguing, and pretty readable I think.  Combine keywords
and reasonable notation, and allow a comma-separated list of
transformations.  Very calc-like, which is a bonus.

I'd allow both multiplication and addition/subtraction, plus bare
numbers for setting to a specific value.

~TJ