Re: [css3-values][css3-mediaqueries] resolution in dpi / dppx

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:00:43 +0100, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>> For instance, if we say the viewing distance is about half an arms
>> length
>> then the size of a reference pixel would be about 1/128 physical inches.
>> Given 312 device pixels per physical inch, this gives 312/128 = 2.4375
>> device pixels per reference pixel.

Sorry, as I was waiting for the bus home yesterday it occurred to me that
I had written something wrong... I should probably be more careful with
arithmetic so late in the afternoon :) Not sure where the 1/128 came from,
it should of course be 1/192 (half of 1/96). Though 312/192 = 1.625 still
rounds to 2, and with Kenneth's percentages it would as well (60% would
give 1.95 and 70% would give 2.275).

> Thanks for the clarification. Is there an online calculator that gives
> the optimal size of a pixel (or the DPI) given the viewing distance?

Not that I know, but it's basically just a linear relationship with a 1/96
inch pixel size at 28 inches viewing distance, as indicated by other posts.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA