RE: [css3-values] Interaction of vw/vh and scrollbars

I too agree that ignoring the size of scrollbars when overflow is "auto" makes more
sense than accounting for them. As you mentioned, if authors really expect to have
scrollbars on the viewport and they're using viewport units they can simply specify
overflow:sroll and be done with it.

> The only argument I continue to have against it is that overflow-x/y isn't yet
> specified anywhere, and it's *required* in order to get vw to shrink for
> scrollbars while vh is the real height.  Without those, you're stuck setting
> "overflow:scroll" and getting a probably-useless horizontal scrollbar on the
> screen.

Overflow-x/y is in the box module  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-box/#overflow

Thanks,
Rossen