Re: Styling HTML placeholder attribute

Ah, I see, if you set input:placeholder { transition: .2s color; } then you'd only get a transition only when the placeholder shows and not when it disappears, which is far more common. Is that it?
If so,
a) Is it that significant?
b) It could be solved via a CSS animation, especially if we introduce something like color-opacity. That however will be problematic when the user changes the effect, they'd have to overwrite the animation too. :(

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou