Re: Request for Comments: Pointer Events spec's touch-action CSS property

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:24 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> On January 15, the PointerEvents WG (PEWG) published a Working Draft of the
> PointerEvents spec:
>
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-pointerevents-20130115/>
>
> Given this spec defines a "touch-action" CSS property, PEWG especially
> welcomes comments on this property (as well as any other part of the spec):
>
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-pointerevents-20130115/#the-touch-action-css-property>

+1 for the property, it's a great help when trying to use touch events
without a 100ms or so delay.  A few comments:

* remove the "| inherit" part of the property.  inherit is a global
keyword (accepted by all properties), and so is omitted from grammars.
* Why is this not inherited?  The prose is unclear, so I can't tell
whether this is right or not, but it *sounds* like it checks the value
of 'touch-action' on ancestors while it's walking the chain to find
something with a default action, and stops if it finds a "none". Is
this right? If so, it's equivalent to just making it inherited.  If
not, then the prose needs to be rewritten to make it clearer what it's
actually doing with the ancestor-walk.
* I don't understand what the following paragraphs, about dispatching
pointercancel events, have to do with this property.  Does it mean
that a touch-action:none element triggers pointercancel or something?