Re: Calling for a massive revamp of Paged Media and GCPM

On 1/14/13 11:00 AM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Also sprach Daniel Glazman:
>
> > > Again, I'd like to see code examples.
> >
> > Here's a first one with headers, footers and footnotes.
> >

>http://disruptive-innovations.com/zoo/csswg/PagedMedia/pagedmedia-1.html
>
>So, you're proposing to change this code:
>
>  @page { @top-center { content: element(header) }}
>  @page { bottom-center { content: element(footer) }}
>  header { position: running(header) }
>  footer { position: running(footer) }

Positioning aside (my assumption is that page slots would use a grid), I
like the idea of using named flows instead of defining a separate
content-redirection mechanism just for running elements:

@page {
  @top-center {
    flow-from: header-flow;
    flow-persist: persist;
    }
  }
@page { bottom-center { flow-from: footer-flow; }}
header { flow-into: header-flow; }
footer { flow-into: footer-flow; }

Where flow-persist:persist (or some name that isn't as redundant) would
cause the content displayed in that region to not be consumed from the
named flow. With auto-height regions for the headers, the entire named
flow contents would be displayed on each page.

Thanks,

Alan