Re: [CSS21] absolute position with left,top:auto

On 28/12/2012 07:37, Kyungtae Kim wrote:

> In the "absolutely positioned box in the relatively positioned box" example on
> 9.8.4,[1]
>
>    if the top and left were 'auto', where the box should be positioned?
>
> As I tested, the Chrome (and the other WebKit-based browsers) put it on the same
> position with the case that the box has a normal position,
> but the Firefox put it on the top left position of the containing block (same
> position with top:0px,left:0px).

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#comp-abspos

Hi,

For me, Firefox 17 also (correctly) puts the top-left corner of the
absolutely positioned box at its "static position" (the "normal"
position which you mention).  It certainly doesn't put it at the top
left of the containing block.

Perhaps you had other style rules affecting your layout?

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net