Re: [css-variables] and shortcut properties, fundamental limitation?

Le 24/02/2013 03:27, Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :
> Is all this correct in your opinion and how it
> should work?
>
> Personally I would expect that this
>
> div {
>       background: #333;
>       background: var(invalidvar);
> }
> will end up with background color set to #333.

I agree with you and I think that the fallback behavior should be
preserved, which is why I started another thread about this with the
right terminology:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/thread.html

If you read there, my suggestion requires the cascade to keep around not
one but a list of specified values for each (element, property) pair;
which had already been rejected by implementation. But Tab maintains
that we can get a similar behavior by adding typing information to
variables.

--
Simon Sapin